Saturday, November 6, 2010

2x4 Snowmen/My first post!

So, this is my first post on my new blog.  I'm trying this out because I follow so many blogs and get so many great ideas that I wanted to show some of my work and ideas to others.  I am planning on opening a shop on Etsy soon but just haven't gotten up the nerve to really do it yet.  We are moving to San Diego on the 22nd of this month so I wanted to wait until we get settled in there before I start too much!  Not too much though to keep me from crafting!  I think Daddy Monkey is getting a little fed up with my addiction...hahaha (evil smile)

This project is something I did recently and it was so much fun and SOOO easy!!  I just took some scrap 2X4 from the garage and dug out the circular saw (ok so this is the only semi difficult part, I promise!) I just cut it into 3 smaller pieces.  I didn't measure because I didn't really care just eyeball it!

I painted them with Kilz.  Check, okay now go here to print the snowman face.  I previewed the image and scaled it down to fit.  I believe it was 70%.  I printed the face 3 times and cut it out and used my very handy Mod Podge (believe it or not I recently became a lover of this stuff!).

This is a picture of what my faces looked like printed on the page



Then I went into my scrap fabric and pulled out the purple fleece.  Erin does this look familiar?  :)  I just used it to make my friend's daughter a halloween costume.  I used my hot glue gun to seam it together and then tied it on top!  Wahlah! The other two...you are going to laugh.  I found an old sweater and cut off the sleeves to make another 2 beanie caps and a scarf.  I wanted to keep this project as low cost as I could.  And it was around 11:00 PM so I didn't really have a choice to go anywhere! ha.  I just tied a piece of the fabric around the top of the tube (piece of sleeve) to make it look like a pom pom.  I hot glue gunned those babies in place and...done! :)


Easy enough right!?
Total cost for this project: Free- $5.00
2x4-FREE! scrap wood in garage but maybe $4 if you had to buy a new 6 foot 2x4
Fleece-free scrap fabric
Gray fabric-also free from Goodwill pile but maybe $1 for a scarf or other scrap fabric from Dollar Tree
Mod Podge-On hand (every crafter has some! or you can use white glue)

Yay!  So, there you have it!  My first post!  What do you think?  Please share pictures and link my site to your blog if you try this one! :) Many more to come!  I have been saving them up!  Follow my blog to keep up to date on my latest project :)  



3 comments:

  1. Thank you Jennifer! I would love it if you would follow my blog and let me know what you think of my crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete